Friday, September 3, 2010

Choices and Directions

Even though there are choices in my life, every day I have choices, sometimes all that I see is red lights. They yell at me and give me all kinds of reasons to stay stopped. I feel like I don't have any choices and my life is controlled from outside of me. It frustrates me and I don't like it.



Sometimes at least a suggestion would be helpful. Watch out for that direction. Go this way. Okay, I can make the choice. The trouble is, sometimes I'm not smart enough to take the warning.



No, no, no. That's not the right way. Stay stopped.




Oh sure, don't go this way. Watch out for that way. Show me the GOOD way!


I don't want all this help. I don't want people making suggestions to me. I want to make up my own mind. And I want ALL the choices.





Sometimes I feel like deciding what to do is too difficult. I just need some clear direction. Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Go THIS way.


Don't tell me what to do. I want to make up my OWN mind.



Are you serious? That's too many choices! How the heck am I supposed to know which way to go? How about that one in the middle? Is it really telling me to go both ways?



On the same day I feel like I have too many choices...



And no choices at all.


I always have choices. Damn It! They may not be the ones I want but I always have choices.


It is the weekend. Please be good. Drive your car carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally. Enjoy your weekend.

P

1 comment:

  1. In answer to email questions. The pictures are real; I took them myself. The intersection exists. It is in West Seattle at Fauntleroy West and SW Admiral Way. We used to go through the intersection when I was growing up on the way to visit family. Even then I thought the lights were funny. I just took the pictures on Monday of this week.

    ReplyDelete