Friday, October 30, 2009

Tagging

I still think about school every day. At least in passing. I wonder if that will ever stop. Truly, I don't need it to stop but I wonder if it will. Somedays I think about it more than others. That said, I'm not sad or regretful. I miss kids and I miss the classroom but I feel very good about my decision to change careers.

I spoke with with Taylor, one of my alumni, yesterday who called from California. She is a college student and wanted some help with a marketing project she is working on. It was great to hear the enthusiasm in her voice and it was exciting for me to be "talking about that stuff" with her.

I showed condominiums most of the day yesterday in Seattle to Ian and Midori, a couple getting ready to make their first home purchase. We looked at both new construction and existing construction in different neighborhoods. As an aside, this young couple is about is nice and pleasant as two people could be. As we drove away from one complex we went down an alley. There was a fair amount of tagging on the garages. It was quite a contrast to the new complex in which we spent the most time.

Back in my home office I was making some follow up notes to the day and reflecting on what will actually meet Ian and Midori's needs.

After awhile my thoughts wandered back to that alley with the tagging. Tagging bugs me. It bugs me because if defaces property. It bugs me because its disrespecful. It bugs me because it feeds on itself. It bugs me because there is something wrong with the people who do it. I'm careful not to say "the KIDS who do it." Who knows maybe its some crazy senior citizens from the local retirement center. Some tagging scares me because I know its gang related. I found myself thinking of a way to do a project to reduce tagging. There is one problem with that idea; I don't see 150 kids each day who might like to take on the project with me.

I'm really liking what I am doing these days. I genuinely enjoy real estate. I'm liking the change in schedule and the new challenges. I'm taking Ian and Midori out again tomorrow to look at single family homes and larger condos. I am going to make darn sure that what they purchase meets their needs and that I take care of them through the whole process.

I'm still thinking about the tagging. If it isn't tagging then I know there will be something else I will be thinking about. That part of me is a bit restless. I think that could be a good thing. I'm not sure where it will lead me.

It is almost the weekend. Please be good. Drive your cars carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat youreslf with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourselves whole physically and emotionally.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment