Friday, September 23, 2011

Questions of Control

Don't you wonder sometimes, "how you got to be the way you are"? I sure do. I think I know "how I got to be the way I am" and then I seem to lose track in various degrees. Then I think I know again. Do you wonder sometimes how much control you had over how you got to be the way you are? Do you wonder sometimes if you have any control over the way you are today? Regardless of how you got to be the way you are it seems like a fundamental question common to all people, "How do I get to be the way I want to be?"

There are so many random things in life over which we all have no control. Added to that is that each of us takes our turn making some mistakes and poor choices. Put those things together and it might seem we all have very little control in our lives.

Control of what would be a good question. Control of how things turn out? Control of what happens to me? Control of how other people act? Control of how other people feel? Control of how I am treated? Control of how I treat others? Control of my emotions? Control of my health? Control of my environment? Control of my happiness? That's a lot to try and control; I can't do it all and really shouldn't try to.

Is "control" the right word? Maybe "manage" is a better word. Or possibly "effect" is a better word.

How did you get to be the way you are? How do you get to be the way you want to be? Those are good questions.

It is the weekend. Please be good. Drive your car carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally. Enjoy your weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment