Friday, September 25, 2009

Smoke Under the Door

Good morning.

I wake up sometimes and I’m so happy to be alive. I don’t need the alarm; I just get up and I’m ready to go—so ready to go. Oh YEAH!!

I wake up sometimes so slowly. I drag. The attitude gravity pulls on me. It pulls hard. Sometimes there is a good reason for me to fell the attitude gravity. Sometimes I feel the pull but I don’t even know the reason. It just pulls. It pulls so hard. Sometimes I just don’t know why. Sometimes I can laugh at the attitude gravity. Sometimes I can spit on it. Sometimes I think you will never get to me again! HA! You will never touch me again! Never. NEVER!

Sometimes, sometimes, I just can’t keep it away. It creeps in like smoke under a door. Pretty soon the smoke is filling the room; the smoke is choking me. I can’t see. It feels like I can’t breathe. Where does it come from? How does it sneak up on me?

There are so many things in my life I can’t control. I worry about my family. I worry about people I care for. I worry about mistakes I’ve made. I worry about the future. There is so much I can’t control.

I work hard to manage my self-talk. It is for me a form of prayer. It reaffirms my trust. Sometimes it is easy and sometimes it is such a battle.

Trust always that you have worth and value.

It is Friday. The weekend is near. Drive your cars carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to seeing you or hearing from you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally.

CYLP!

P

1 comment: