Friday, November 5, 2010

Proud to be an American: Part III

This past week I voted. It doesn't matter who I voted for or how I voted on the various initiatives. I voted.

When I was 18 years old the law of the land was that you had to be 21 to vote. In 1970, when I was 20, the voting age was changed to 18. I voted in the next election and I have voted in every election since then.

I do not take this incredible freedom for granted. I cherish it.

I think more amazing than that we get to vote is that even when we have close races there is still a peaceful transition of power. Were you tired of all the political advertising? It could have been guns. It could still be guns. Even if there are recounts there are still no guns.

I know the country isn't perfect but it is nevertheless incredible. I voted; I'm proud to be an American.

It is the weekend. Please be good. Drive your cars carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment