Friday, October 8, 2010

Goodbye 50's, Hello 60's!


Hmmm… So this is my last post on this blog as someone in my 50’s. Is that possible? Yikes, I will be 60 on Monday. Where did the time go? I just don’t know. By the time a person has lived for 60 years he should have at least a little insight about life and maybe be able to pass on a wise tidbit or two.

Part of me thinks I should post some good advice. I even know a small amount of good advice. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. That’s excellent advice. Manage the “phone call.” That’s also very good advice. The heart that loves is always young. So keep loving! That’s good advice too. I’m just full of good advice. Be thankful. Cherish your life. Yup, more good advice. Take out your head trash every week. Also good advice.

So what’s the best advice I can give after almost 60 years on this earth? Talk nice to yourself is way up there. Treat yourself with respect; that’s way up there too.

But you know, I think sometimes it’s just a very good idea to make homemade brownies. You know, from scratch. Now, there is good advice! But wait, if you eat the whole pan yourself, particularly in one evening, then that’s bad. If you share them, that’s good. I just made some last night. I shared with Katy.

It is the weekend. Please be good. Drive your car carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally. Enjoy your weekend. (Make the brownies; you’ll be glad you did. It's good advice. I know because I'm almost 60.)

P

1 comment:

  1. When I read the title on facebook, I thought you were speaking of the "decades" of the 1950's and 1960's. I thought I was going to be treated to some of your fabulous insights into the decades of your life.You got to admit it would be a good topic, you have so much to relate...being SIXTY!!! enjoyed the blog anyway.

    ReplyDelete