Friday, June 4, 2010

Forgiveness: Part III

I started this post months ago. I have drafted something, revised it, thought about it, deleted it, and started it all over.

At age 59 I have to admit that sometimes I'm just not as good at forgiving as I should be or could be. Depending on circumstances I have excuses and in some cases I have some very good reasons to not forgive.

I find myself, reminding myself, and relearning that sometimes the best reason to forgive someone isn't because they deserve it. Sometimes they don't deserve forgiveness. Maybe the best reason for me to forgive someone is for my own peace of mind and peace of heart.

It is the weekend. Please be good. Drive your cars carefully. Ride with people who drive carefully. Treat yourself with respect. Spend time with people who treat you with respect. Treat other people with respect. Talk nice to yourself; you deserve it. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you. Keep yourself whole physically and emotionally.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment